1. Issue - User missing pictures in SharePoint
Picture not displayed when user is added to a any SharePoint group (Members, Owners, Visitors etc. ) of a SharePoint 2010 site.
When a user is added to any SharePoint group, the picture does not show.
However, Mysite has all 3 sizes of pictures (L,M,S) stored in /User Photos/Profile Pictures/ . Attached are the organizational view of users. Each user has 3 sizes of pictures. My Organization also shows the correct pictures for those people.
The following screen shot shows properties of working picture where url is picked from mysite medium size picture(http://mysite/User%20Photos/Profile%20Pictures/na_harryc_MThumb.jpg).
The second screen shot shows properties of missing picture where url is pointing to person.gif picture(http://projects/_layouts/images/person.jpg). Please note projects is the webapp alias VIP where the site is located.
If you explicitly pasted the medium size mysite picture url of missing picture user in browser(http://mysite/User%20Photos/Profile%20Pictures/domain_userid_MThumb.jpg) , picture is displayed correctly. We could display users' organization with all pictures also. However, the SharePoint group seems not able to associate the users pictures with users.
3. Procedure to Reproduce
- Open any SharePoint site in browser
- Navigate to site actions > site settings> people and groups
- Add new user to any SharePoint group
- Picture of a user is not displayed
You could find some people also reported this issue.
- Users do not have picture in AD
- Pictures not synced to AD
- Picture not slitted into three sizes.
- User Profile to SharePoint Full Synchronization (Hourly) - Synchronizes user information from the user profile application to SharePoint users and synchronizes site memberships from SharePoint to the user profile application.
- User Profile to SharePoint Quick Synchronization (5 minutes) - Synchronizes user information from the user profile application to SharePoint users who were recently added to a site.
Please let me know if you know how to debug or fix this issue.