We have identified there is a “bug” that view name/title does not change if you change it from breadcrumb on SharePoint RTM version. This is causing confusions for lots of end users using personal views. Here are procedures to produce this and way to fix it
1. Procedure to reproduce it
- Create a Document library
- Create one personal view called “View1” with column “File Size”
- Create another personal view called “View2” with column “Item Child Count”
- Click “View1” from breadcrumb and it will display items with column “File Size” - this is good and see screen shot below
- Click “View2” from breadcrumb and it will display items with column “Item Child Count” - this is good also
- The breadcrumb still stays to display “View1” even you have selected “View2” - this is bad and see screen shot below
2. Way to fix it
We have tried to fix this but since we are upgrading to SP1 + June CU, I test it on upgraded version and
it seems fixed. The version after SP1 + June CU is 14.0.6106.5002.
If you find any better ways to fix it on RTM version, please share.