After you have configured the SharePoint online and DirSync to allow users to leverage the Office 365 features, you might want to implement the following two functions to streamline the integration from SharePoint on-premises to SharePoint online.
- Redirect on-premises OneDrive to SharePoint online OneDrive for business
- Configure one-way outbound hybrid search to display SharePoint online results in SharePoint Server 2013
TechNet has good procedure but is missing some key procedure. Manas from Microsoft escalation engineer team summarized the process in his blog that is helpful. Bill from Microsoft also provided step-by-step procedure. However, when we configure our one-way outbound hybrid search, we run into many issues and brought up some concerns on these instructions. Here are the summary of the concerns.
- Uncompleted scripts from TechNet
- Several discrepancies among all these instructions
- Lacking verification procedure
- Lacking automation scripts
In this article, I’ll list the major articles with tips, verifications, automation scripts, and some debugging tips. You could follow each individual blog on the details.
- Redirecttargeted users to Office 365 with OneDrive for Business and MySite fromSharePoint On Premises
- Procedureand tips to set up audience targeting of OneDrive for Business in Office 365from SharePoint Server 2013 on-premises
- Procedureand tips to replace the STS certificate in on-premises environment forSharePoint Server 2013 hybrid solution
- Procedure,tips, and verification scripts to build a server-to server trust betweenSharePoint Server 2013 and SharePoint Online for one-way outbound hybrid search
- Displayhybrid search results and SharePoint online search only in SharePoint Server2013
- Automatehybrid search center configuration in SharePoint Server 2013
- Workaroundto make SharePoint online one-way outbound hybrid search to display onlineresult even SharePoint online is not using UPN as login
If you do not want to use Office 365 production tenant for your testing, you could use my article ActiveOffice 365 Developer Subscription using MSDN subscription benefit to set up a develop environment.
Now, you should have all the necessary details to configure and verify the one-way outbound hybrid search. The users could seamlessly navigate from SharePoint on-premises to SharePoint online and see online search result from on-premises.